The goal is to have an OPEN NAT in order to get a wider selection of multi-player matches to join.
Option 1: Port Forwarding (recommended)
PS3 / XBOX / PC:
Follow one of the following videos to assign your PC, XBOX, or PS3 a static IP.
Assign your PC a static IP
XBOX Static IP
PS3 Static IP
Log into your router and forward ports to the static IP you established in step 1
TCP: 3074, 27014-27050
UDP: 3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27030
Option 2: DMZ (would not recommend)
2. Step 1-3 in option 1 to be repeated on a different router. You must port forward as well as dmz on this router otherwise you will get a moderate nat type.
Log into your router and turn on UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), most routers have this option in the Administration tab.
Also ensure that under your security options that Anonymous NAT Redirection is allowed and is not filtered. This may also be referred to as ‘Filter InternetNAT Redirection’ – in which case you want this disabled.
For more information on enabling UPnP on your router, visit your router manufacturer’s website. A few of the most popular router web sites are listed below:
- Linksys: http://www.linksysbycisco.com/support
- Netgear: http://kb.netgear.com/app/
- D-Link: http://www.dlink.com/support/
- Belkin: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/